.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten. A bit of posh.








The wonderful Amy came over to my temporary home tonight to plan the High Tea that we are hosting on Saturday for her birthday and my home-coming. It was so great to see her, Diana had popped over earlier in the evening and brought me a teapot, some tea and the most delicious cake that she had baked herself (a berry tea cake sprinkled with Castor sugar. Heaven.), which we devoured while curled up on the couch and chatted like i hadn't been away for the last eighteen months.
All my stuff is packed for the next two weeks until our new house in
Bardon is ready and i was incredibly desperate for a cup of tea, so this teapot is a godsend.
It was so
lovely to see them again.

There will 25 of our friends attending the tea so we decided on five different savoury things and five sweet things basically made in miniature form. There will also be enough tea to make a persons bladder explode. It will also be served in proper china cups and saucers from a pot. Seriously, we have so many kinds it is mind blowing.

Amy has the most incredible collection of teapots and cups. I can't wait until we set them all up and go to town on them. There are a few that i stare lovingly at through the glass cabinet at her house and daydream about making tea in them.



The cat one on the left is my personal fave.



Now! The things we are serving are as follows.

Sweets.

Chocolate Volcano cookies.

Lemon Curd Tarts. ( I found this recipe from the incredible Joy Of Baking website, if you have a few hours and are willing to cover your keyboard with plastic to prevent the dribble from wrecking the keys - GO FOR IT)

Strawberry and Toblerone Friands.

Fresh scones with various homemade jams and cream.

Hazelnut Truffles.



Savories.


Amy's Balsamic pumpkin tarts.

Zucchini and Haloumi fritters.

Feta and Spinach Bites.

Chicken Finger Sandwiches.

Roasted vegetable, feta and pesto finger sandwiches.

And more fresh scones with Blue cheese, chives and panchetta icing.



Yeah, I'd be jealous too if i wasn't invited.



Someone linked me too this site, Ming Makes Cupcakes and it is incredible. So if we have time, we are going to try and knock up a few things from that site too.

Le sigh. Oh food. I love thee.

On another note, my first official day in Brisbane consisted of cleaning Nick and Spomes apartment to make it ready for the rental inspection. It was what people refer too as 'Boy clean' so there was still shit EVERYWHERE, it was also covered in a thick layer of grime and dust. I dusted, re-arranged, sorted, scrubbed the living room and kitchen so it was all pretty and sparkly and ready for the agents tommorow. I'm about to whip up a batch of chocolate mint brownies and tuck myself into bed. I have a big job-hunting/food preperation day tommorow.



Much love.

7 comments:

  1. <3 Oh, it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got home I re-labelled all my tea tins in a fit of excitement. Turns out I don't have any empty ones though...will have to rectify this on Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am salivating. better wear pants with an elastic waistband for high tea. classy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait. I seriously dreamt of High Teas last night, it was wonderful.

    I'm not even going to wear pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy moly sounds AMAZING :) !
    i am beyond jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ELLA. CATCH A PLANE AND COME JOIN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zucchini and haloumi fritters sound amazing. Very jealous.

    x The Velvet Bow

    ReplyDelete