.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Seven. I don't even know why i'm counting anymore.

So I'm officially unemployed now.
My last day of work was Sunday. It was a really great day. Kev demanded that i spend half the day on the coffee machine so my wonderful regulars were very happy when i got to make them a last cup of coffee each. I also got to spend my last day on my darling Leon. I think he missed me. Having so many Barista's trialing themselves all over him must have sucked, i made sure every coffee was more perfect than the last and gave him a quick hug when i thought no one was looking. (I'm not creepy, i just get really attached. Even to appliances) I was treated to the most perfect Eggs Benedict I've ever eaten, by the amazing Dion, a complete treat and a rarity on a Sunday because it is usually so busy that you either get to scoff down some toast or microwave and egg and bacon pie and eat it while huddled around the corner away from the customers. Needless to say, it was gone in about ten seconds. The other goodbyes at work were quick because I HATE goodbyes, even if it's for a short amount of time and knowing that I'm not seeing many of those faces again really sucked.
There was a lovey round of hugging and hand holding and 'ohmygooooooooooooooodi'mgoingtomissyousomuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch's before i had to leave the building and jump into my car where i sobbed my heart out all the way home.
I also, in between fits of tears and wailing managed to devour a double chocolate fudge brownie in roughly twelve minutes. So, to the many people tottering along Warrigal rd/High street who were shocked as a hysterical red headed woman in a battered old commodore, clutching the steering wheel in one hand and a giant slab of brownie in the other whizzed past/cut them off them on Sunday afternoon. I'm sorry. I was a mess. I've had a rough week.
I was still miserable on Sunday night after a huge nap and a long shower. So i was taken out like a spoilt child at ten thirty at night for a giant bucket of white chocolate and raspberry ice cream then tucked into bed in a semi-sugar coma. The following morning i was treated to a toasted bagel, lathered in cream cheese and a lovely big coffee. Ridiculous.

My lovely (EX) work. ahhh.

Monday night i took Ella, Grace and Flo-rider to see Twilight. The movie sucked hard. SO HARD. It sucked in every conceivable way know to man, then more. Then someone dumped a big, steaming turd on top of that. (sorry girls) The highlights of the entire cinema experience was Flora clutching my arm and gasping during one of the fight scenes and the two and a half minutes of spine tingling, hair raising, goose-bumpy deliciousness that was the trailer for the new Harry Potter movie. Totally worth fifteen bucks. During the movie we had a massive amount of popcorn which only lasted about fifteen minutes into the movie, then afterwards went to town on Nandos.


Our popcorn was roughly this size.

Ella made me the most incredible card I've ever received. It has everything i adore and love, collaged onto one page. It even has a picture of Remus Lupin and Tonks with my head photo shopped over her head and baby pugs on the back. HEAVEN. Grace and her Mummy, Margaret gave me the most exquisitely soft, flowing scarf in a light grey with yellow stitching. I keep wrapping it around myself again and again and let it envelope me in a fluffy hug. Nat and Kev gave me the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook on account of the fact that i keep lovingly pouring over the cafes copy whenever i can.



Of course there was Floras gift. The biggest, richest, sexiest chocolate cake i have ever seen. Lovingly made by her and with the words 'I Love You' spelt across the top in smarties.
It damn near broke my heart.
I was going to take a photo of the masterpiece, but by eleven o'clock the next morning i was slicing into my first piece. Grace's scarf may be a soft, fluffy hug, but this cake is like a chocolate filled bear tackle of love and sexiness.

The last few days have been incredibly stressful and utterly lame. Packing, saying goodbye to people, spending 'last days' with people, organising everything. UGH. Eleanor, my car, goes in for a service tomorrow morning at 8am. Then Mum and i are being ladies of leisure for our last few days together. We are having lunch at OKT because I've never had the potato pancakes (oniony, potatoey pancakes, slices of smoked salmon, spinach and creme fraiche). Then we are having manicures, doing a little light mooching at the shops and generally girling out. Thursday, Mum is taking me down to see her new, little house that she is lovingly building in Mornington. I also get to see Naomi and her beautiful baby Leah again. On Friday, Dion and I are spending a wonderful day at the markets, we are buying amazing foods and then cooking them for a mighty goodbye feast. (I'm thinking handmade Gnocchi. OH GOD) That night, i pick up my Spomey from the airport and it's on, another whirlwind of packing, stuffing things into Eleanor, dinners and then at 5 am on Sunday the 11th of July i set off for my new home.


Meep.


(It's also becoming painfully obvious that i may just be the worst emotional eater in the history of this planet. But damn I'm enjoying it)

No comments:

Post a Comment