.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eight. Oh Dear.



Today was a wonderful day.
A beautiful breakfast at OKT with Mum. The potato pancakes were epic as predicted.
Then we tottered on down to Doncaster for a peek at a few of our favourite shops. After meeping at the Pug puppies in the pet shop and caffeinating ourselves at Coffee Hit (the only other place i really like to get my coffee from. They roast their own sexy beans and the Barista there makes coffees that i would probably kill a man for AND he has a wax moustache. Bliss) I noticed that my favourite store The General Trader was having a GIANT home wares sale. Anyone who knows me knows that i have a weak at the knees, swoony, dribbly obsession with home wares and before i realised i was sprinting across the shopping centre and diving head first into my idea of heaven. I went a bit nuts.




So...
I got a wooden cheese board with a glass dome lid, a set for four lolly/cookie jars in different sizes, a set of metal measuring spoons and a ceramic set of red and black pate and cheese knives. Heaven Heaven Heaven. Best of all, it only cost me $50. SWEET.



My wonderful Mum also got me these gorgeous, old fashioned red scales because she is amazing and i love her. After we had finished at The General Trader we went searching for an Op Shop because we both had several garbage backs full of clothes and crap that needed to be donated. We found a really cool St Vinnies on Auburn road and the lady took our bags with glee. Unfortunately we did not jump straight back in the car as previously organised, we floated towards the entrance of the store and sailed through the doors powerless against the pull of the knick knackery before us.
I got out relatively unscathed.



Another Decanter for my imaginary alcohol trolley and matching set of scotch glasses (one day......sigh) and a set of four Olive oil dishes with the sweetest little fat chefs painted onto the bottom of each one. I also got another cookie jar, a clear glass one with a metal clasp.




Look at how snobby they are.


I know I'm supposed to be packing and getting rid of my things, but i couldn't resist. Plus i had donated almost three garbage bags of clothes and i have another two boxes of things that could be someone elses treasures to go too.

I have a massive Indian feast tonight with my extended family the McAvoys. Tonight we also reveal mums surprise that I've been working on for weeks. JOY!



Much love and lewd thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same! I've donated loads of clothes to charity shops, but my wardrobe's already full again, somehow...

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete