.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sixteen. Floofy fest. 2010.

Last Sunday was Amy's birthday and to celebrate we decided to attend a cat show!
Both of us are infatuated with Cats. We stalk daily blogs about rescue kitties, pictures of kitties, things for kitties, kitties dressed as things. Kitties. Kittes! We had no choice but to attend. We were also joined by the heavenly Nicola and Amy's sister Em, also avid lovers of all things feline.




We had to physically wrench Amy from this little Muffin. She was just the sweetest little thing the world had ever seen. I can't remember her name but it had to be something like Pumpkin, or Sweetheart or Smooshypants. Something dripping with sweetness because you practically melt when you look at her.



See?



The magnificent Mr Darcy. Easily the biggest cat i had ever seen. A Maine Coon. His owner was a lovely lady who told me that she had bred nearly all of the Maine's at this particular show and now they were all competing against each other. I fell in love with this breed, that are so majestic and GIANT. I love the way they sit so elegantly and the giant ruffs around their necks. Sigh. We got to have a quick cuddle with Mr Darcy and he just lazed around in our arms like a king.



This was the first cat we saw. Amy and I named her Princess due to the large amount of pink in her cage and the fact that she had her own mini-chandelier. Ridiculous.
(yet i secretly wanted one for my Future Kitties home)


Tiny MAOW cat. A little baby Ragdoll at her first show. Her owner was an English lady who plonked one of her other show cats happily in our arms ( a big male, floofy ragdoll) and told us in great detail about the fifteen or so cats she kept at home.




This cat had a bib. That is all.



Ah Figaro. What a handsome devil. Same owner as Mr Darcy. He was the highlight of the show. Probably the most beautiful cat I've ever seen. Look how happy i am!



Nicola with Figaro.



LOOK AT HIM. Le sigh.



Oh Rexy, you so sexy.



YES. I almost walked right past this cats cage and then i saw a big, ginger tail sticking out and i had to have a peek. CROOKSHANKS. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will understand my excitement.



Another favorite. Purely because every time he breathed, a tiny bubble of snot would form on his nose. He was trying to look like a snob, but failing miserably.



Happy cat does not actually care if you are happy or not.



Amy got her nose Nommed by this little leopard Bengal.




Heeeh..

While i was posting this i was looking at all the Adoption centres in the Brisbane area. I go to Japan in September and once I'm back I'll be looking for a baby of my very own to adopt. I'm seriously the most crazy of cat ladies and it has been over two years since i have had a cat of my own. Now i am back and settled it is time. I'm going to have real difficulty coming back with just one kitten. I get really overwhelmed when i go to rescue shelters, it upsets me that not all of the creatures there will find a home and they have done nothing wrong. If i could, I'd take all of them, but realistically one or sometime down the track, two cats will be enough. Amy has two cats and i don't know how she shares the love between each one, they are both wonderful and i love them dearly. (They know me as that mad-red-headed woman who pesters us with kisses and hugs and is constantly taking photos of us)

Oh cats. You make my happy.

4 comments:

  1. oisjdoifjs these photos are soooo cute. My cousin just got the most adorable tiny little kitten, I really want one! However (and this is super tragic) I think I'm allergic! Sigh. Make sure you get one, and definitely make sure it's not afraid of having photos taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any kitty of mine has no chance but to be a real photo lover, the second i get one i'm pretty sure i'm never going to be without a camera in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I have to preface my comment by saying I'm a dog person. But seriously, that cat which you've referred to as Princess looks like the most evil cat in the world!

    I swear it's making plans to take over the world while staring at its chandelier!

    ReplyDelete