.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fifteen. Worlds most spoilt.

So today it was decided that Mr S and i would go to IKEA to price and possibly purchase the larger bits of furniture we need for the new house. We both have massive collections of DVD's, so we required two, large dvd shelves, a stand for the giant, plasma-HD-5-million-inch-television-flatscreen-rardirah that he has been obsessing over for months, coffee tables and various kitchen bits and bobs that we both will be using.
I'm slightly obsessed with IKEA, it fascinates me because it's like a whole other ridiculous world. Everything is always slightly odd, the people are WAY TOO friendly, it's clean, neat (and as i discovered today) with full, cooked breakfasts for $1.95. Bizarre.
Anyway, we got there and i was already off sprinting across the car park before Spomes had even locked the car. I collected my unnecessary giant, yellow canvas back, my catalogue and my tiny pencil and off i went. We didn't do too bad, we collected everything on our Sensible List and few things that weren't anywhere near any list at all.
The DVD shelves were too big to fit in Spomes car, so we had to leave them for the second (YAY) trip to IKEA and they were out of the coffee table that we wanted, but everything else was perfectly priced and now resting in big piles around the house waiting to be transported to their new home.


The 'Billy' book/dvd/everything shelves that we picked up.




Shiny, new colour coordinated chopping boards.

Magnetic strip for my knives.


The coffee table that they had run out of. They are actually just little everything tables that when put together look like a coffee table. Plus they only cost $20 each.


New tea towels!

Ridiculous $3 big, glass bowls. Perfect for the pasta salad I'm making Brendan for his Birthday BBQ.


Spomes entertainment unit thing.


My adorable, tiny spice racks. A mere $2.49. So charming that i had to purchase two.

Bread boards.




And of course, something that we COULDN'T live without. One of these sharks.
Inspired by this shark comic. We named him Cornelious Sharksbury.
After Spomes had gone too work i met up with my Mumma and my Aunty Jo Jo. They are holidaying on the Sunshine Coast for the week so they hired a car and drove to Brisbane to see the new house, my new place of work and catch up with some of my friends. My mum, being the most incredible and BEST MUM IN THE WORLD bought me the set of Baccarat pans that i have been obsessing over for a while. Aunty Jo Jo bought me, as a house warming gift, a Mezzaluna, a block with five knives and a mortar and pestle. I was so overcome with sheer gratitude (i've finally achieved the perfect starter kitchen, all of my own) that i burst into tears in the middle of the store, causing my mum to start crying, then my Aunty Jo Jo THEN the lady that was serving us behind the counter. Ah women.






We went out to The Grove for dinner with Amy & Nick, Diana & Brendan and Spomes. There was an amazing steak special on and 6 of us decided on that. Amy had Gorgonzola and mushroom gnocchi and Nick had a Haloumi salad. Everything was delicious. My amazing Mum is the one with the red glasses, she never smiles in photos!

Today, i've truly been spoilt rotten.
Tommorow is the first day of my new job at the Deli so it's off to bed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment