I felt the need for some sweet, baked goods and settled on creating a bunch of little danishes.
Here's what i did.
- three granny smith apples
- one cup of frozen raspberries
- one cup of sultanas
- one 600ml carton of vanilla custard (or you can make your own)
- one tablespoon ground cinnamon
- one tablespoon mixed spice
- one tablespoon nutmeg
- quarter of a cup of caster sugar
- 6 sheets of puff pastry (or make your own)
- egg and milk for wash
- quarter of a cup of icing sugar and a few teaspoons of warm water for icing
Peel and core the apples, slice into thin pieces.
Mix cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg and sugar together in a small bowl.
Cut puff pastry into quarters.
In the middle of each square, place a few strips of apple, some raspberries and sultanas.
Dribble some custard over the fruit and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mix.
Bring two opposite corners of the pastry together and secure with a toothpick.
Brush over with egg wash.
Once all of your pastries are assembled, cook in a medium-hot oven until pastry is puffed and browned.
Mix icing sugar and water together to form a runny icing mixture and drizzle across danishes.
Sprinkle with more of the cinnamon sugar and enjoy.
Easy and so very delicious. I made extra to freeze for when Spomes and I want a lazy, sweet treat.
Also also found this gem in the cooking aisle of Woolworth's. I'm going to make it for Sleeve's birthday as he is a Harry nerd like me. It's a package mix (shame) so I'll be adding extra bit's and pieces to make it even more delicious.
Happy weekend everyone!