.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fourteen. An ordinary day.





Today Mr S and i payed a visit to the glorious Helen. She's back in Brisbane for a whirlwind tour before she jets off to a desert island to be a teachers aid and we were lucky enough to snatch a quickie lunch with her. Helen is the most fabulous, crazy, beautiful and brilliant person i know. She's my Trophy Wife and i adore her.
It was wonderful to see her again.



She made us a yummy winter vegetable salad with rocket and spinach, feta and some shaved ham.She looked like a pro, flinging it all together casually while Spomes and i peeked over the bench like children, eagerly awaiting a lick of the spoon.
It was delicious.

I had two bowls.



Chime had some pumpkin and carrot. She also thought it was delicious.

I went shopping at the Indooropilly shopping centre once Spomes went off to work. I had a giant list of bits and pieces to get done but of course i ended up getting terribly distracted and not finishing my list.
There were these cute, little pots of herbs at Woolworths which i HAD to buy. (They were calling me)
I am now the proud owner of two types of parsley, coriander, oregano, mint and of course my chocolate mint plant. They are currently residing on the balcony at Nicks house until i learn how to care for them and until they move to the the kitchen bench of my new house.
Any hints on how to care for herbs?

I've also been daydreaming about little pots for my new herb babies and (of course) searching Etsy. I found this set of white pots and of course these little hanging signs to match. Sigh.
I bought my cousin Teri some heart shaped measuring spoons for her birthday. She is the cupcake queen.

I got my passport forms for Japan and picked up Favorite Brendans birthday present. (He will probably read this, so I'm not telling you what i bought - NER NE NER NER BRENDAN) in preparation for his birthday barbecue. I'm thinking of making this Pasta Salad for the event. Although I'll replace the green beans with delicious snow peas (because they are SUPERIOR) and take out the ham so our vegetarian friends can enjoy too. Yummy.




I got home and this present was awaiting me.
Most adorable pillows ever? I KNOW.
Mr Spomes is the best. He made me literally cry with joy when i saw them.
They are the sweetest.
Yesterday he also bought me these amazing CTRL, ALT, DEL serving dishes too.
Our house is going to be nerdy heaven.






To celebrate i made a chunky chicken, leek, bacon and veggie pie with chunky chips and a garden salad.
It was gone in minutes!

Tomorrow morning it's IKEA trip number one.
Oh dear. Somebody take my money from me so i don't go insane.


Goodnight my dears.






1 comment: