.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Monday, June 21, 2010

TWO. Moving.

So, after many months of scrimping and saving, dreaming and worrying, I've finally made a date to move back to Brisbane. Probably one of the toughest decisions I've made in a long time. I originally moved to Melbourne sixteen months ago to help my wonderful Mum battle breast cancer. While she will never be 100% clear of her cancer, she is at the tail end of her follow up treatments, and has finished her chemotherapy, had her surgery etc etc. Being the superwoman that she is, she has also built a house and will be moving down the peninsula at the end of August too.

I'm not going to lie, this greatly helped my decision to move when i realised she will be around her best friends in the world, who can take over the girly when I'm gone, she'll also be closer to her doctors and surgeons, be in an area she loves and a house that she can call her own whih is a relief.
I originally moved up to Brisbane in 2007, i was in a bit of a rut in Melbourne, i had just moved back home, i wasn't really enjoying my job and i needed a big change. I packed up my car and with a head full of crazy moved two states away to be with a boy that i thought was the one. Fast forward two years, that boy was not definitely not the one, but in the time i had spent in Brisbane i had made some of the best friends i've ever, gained a bucket load of self confidence, a new trade and was truly happy.





I'm talking about these sexy losers.


It sucked leaving them when my Mum got ill. But i couldn't be anywhere else. She needed her daughter and i wanted to be there to help her battle what turned out to be one mother fucker of a disease. Fast forward another sixteen months (I'm really making a long story short here, but I'm dedicating an entire other post to my beautiful Mum and i don't want to ruin all the juicy details on this one) and my Mumsy is all but a few pesky cells short of better, I've saved enough dough to move over in relative comfort and I've handed in my months notice at work.


I got my job a mere week after arriving in Melbourne, i needed something that would be flexible around Mum's treatments, let me take days off whenever i needed it and if there was ever an emergency, treat that as my priority. Cue Nat and Kev, two of the most wonderful bosses a girl could have in her situation. Leaving those guys is one of the main reasons this decision to move is so hard. Although i never really made any new friends outside of work, the ones i made within the little Our Kitchen Table family are some of the best people I've met, some more than others, they know who they are.



I'm talking about these fine folk.


So there you have it in a nutshell. In two and a bit weeks I'll be finished packing, saying goodbye to everyone and moving back to be with my besties in Brisbane to begin the next stage of my life.

Me and the mum.


Wish me luck?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm glad your mum is getting better, you're amazing for taking such good care of her :) Looking forward to the next post!

    I just realised that I ate at Our Little Kitchen three weeks ago! The pie was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and Veg Big Pie is the bomb. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully you will come back soon so i can say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck good luck ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Laura! I already can smell the tropical sea breeze!

    ReplyDelete