.

Tea. Sleeping Kittens. The Smell of Old Books. Expensive Cheese. Painted Toenails. Lounging Around. Coffee Beans. Weddings. Poached Eggs. Napping. Candles. Secrets. Photographs. Harry Potter. Sex. Hand Holding. Fabulous Hair. Ribbons. Dinosaurs. Rage comics. Air Guitar. Montages. Swooning. Red Grapes. Sleeping. Paper Bags. Stockings. Canvas. Daydreaming. Piles of Book's. Cheap Dvd's. Cheeky Emails. Hand-made anythings. Whispering. Red Hair. Roller Derby. Jam. Laughing. Raspberry Lollies. Hugs. Letter's. Family. Batman. Flowers. Avocado. Art. Text's. Love.


Monday, August 30, 2010

It is my birthday soon Ladies and Gentlemen.
I do love a good birthday.
Unfortunately, I've been told I can become a wee bit of a brat around birthday time.
(WHATEVER...EVERYONE)
I have a bad habit of using it as an excuse for pretty much everything.
"Do I have to wear pants? It's my biiiiiiiiiiirthday"
"Do I have to do the dishes? It's my biiiiiiiiiiiiirthday"
"It's my biiiiiiirthday, I don't want to walk, please piggyback me to the kitchen"

You get the drift.

It's a tradition in my family to make a wish list around birthday/Christmas time. The list is always handy for the less imaginative family members who often think that beige underwear that pulls up under my boobs and a are a great present for me. Don't get me wrong, a creative, home-made gift is proffered a thousand times to anything on the list, but there are just some things that I'd be better off without. Sometimes our lists are funny. For instance, my Mum in a fit of teenage rebellion and wanting to desperately be like David Bowie, shaved off her eyebrows and they never grew back. So new eyebrows have been a regular feature on her lists. I remember once creating a list when I was younger that was mainly comprised of wild and exotic animals. There are often requests for sports teams to win grand finals and old cars to become expensive sports cars. We always seem to full fill those requests somehow, even if they are not in the ways the list write expected.


My list this year isn't particularly imaginative.
It's things I've swooned over for a while and in no way need.
It's a pure WANT list this year.


There are two cook books that I've had my greedy little eyes on for a while.

The AMAZING Stephanie Alexander's The Cooks Companion. An oldie, but such a goodie. You simply look at what you've got in your fridge. Look in the book and BAM. Incredible meal. Le sigh.


I've had this Mastering the Art of French Cooking saved in my Amazon wish-list since I saw Julie and Julia. It's a beautiful set of both volumes in hardback. I must have.


I'd really like a bit of pampering. There is a relaxation centre called Ambience near where I live and some of their treatments looks mind blowing. There is something on there called a Deluxe one an a half hour body wrap and massage that looks like heaven.


Louis Theroux is one of my favourite documentary makers. He is so awkwardd and geeky and I rememberspendingg a lot of time curled up in bed religiously watching his Weird Weekend shows. I love him, he is great. I found a great big list of all of his documentaries on DVD and nearly cried with joy. So, I'd love some of those.


The last things is a Self Present.

I'm blessed with being able to buy things for myself. I'm a very lucky girl and I have everything I need in the world. Now I'm all settled in my little house I'm missing one very important thing.

Yes. It's kitten time!

October 5th is the day that I pick up my baby from the Fairfield pound. I don't know what he or she looks like, all I know if that they will be tiny, fluffy and all MINE.
I can't wait.


24 Days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment